Friday, May 8, 2015

Gennaro Contaldo's Ragu Bianco

My family's go-to quick and tasty meal.




 Gennaro Contaldo's Ragu Bianco

Minced carrot, celery, onion and garlic.  I don't use measurements. A few carrots, an onion, few cloves of garlic and a few celery ribs.  

I chop up a celery heart and freeze in two cup containers. Since celery is mostly water, you can cut out the amount you need for a meal without defrosting. 

Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. 

Add all vegetables and a few fresh thyme sprigs, a couple bay leaves and a small chopped chile or chile flakes if desired. 

Put a lid on and sweat on medium heat. The vegetables will soften up without browning or burning, so check your heat. 10- 15 minutes is good. 

Add one to two cups chopped cooked chicken. I use a previously roasted chicken picked clean and frozen into one cup containers. I'll just drop in one cup frozen or thawed chicken. 

Add 1/2 cup dry white wine. I love a low priced Chardonnay. 

Tish of salt. Black pepper. 

1 cup chicken broth. I use my previously frozen chicken broth for this as well. 

Cover. Heat to medium for 30- 35 minutes. 

Boil pasta, drain and add to the ragu. 

Finish with flat leaf parsley, parmesan and an extra drizzle of E.V.O.O. 


I absolutely adore Genarro Contaldo and how he speaks about food with love! lol 
Check him out @ You Tube



No comments:

Post a Comment