Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fresh Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce


This is my all time favorite fresh,  quick and easy healthy sauce!


Fresh tomatoes make the most amazing mouthwatering sauce.
I love to buy on the vine, they have that fresh from the garden smell and seem to keep longer.


I Love Garlic! 
My general rule is one clove per medium tomato. 
For a dinner serving, usually five large cloves along with five to six tomatoes does the job.


The better the quality of olive oil, the better the taste!  
Since we live in Germany at the moment, I take full advantage of the local grocery stores. 
High quality extra virgin olive oil from Italy is sooooo cheap! 
 If you're stateside, pick up a good quality E.V.O.O. I promise that you won't regret it!


On medium high heat, saute the garlic in a good pouring of E.V.O.O just until extremely fragrant. 
You'll know when you start drooling ;)


Drop your chopped tomatoes into the pan with your garlic oil. 


Throw a cover on it all.  Drop your heat to medium and let those tomatoes soften up.  In a large pan, about 10 minutes. Shorten your time with smaller pans and serving sizes.


 I always have a friend around who sells Pampered Chef products. Almost all of my kitchen tools are the brand! I have to say, the Mix n' Chop is fantastic for so many things! It quickly squishes those tomatoes to a pulp. Whether you prefer chunky or saucy, it's all up to you.


My finished product. Bubbling garlic and tomatoey deliciousness!


My favorite dish is created with whole wheat spaghetti covered with fresh sauce, a few basil leaves and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

To twist it a little, add some cream to the sauce after removing from heat.  The taste and texture become this creamy tomato explosion. Your taste buds will seriously thank you!

I use this basic recipe in every pasta dish that requires a tomato base or canned/ jarred sauce.  Healthy, quick, easy and delicious. Now that's great eating =)

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.pamperedchef.com/
https://www.facebook.com/ThePamperedChef

No comments:

Post a Comment